Please help us to serve our local and global mission partners by filling our this brief survey from the Open Door’s Mission Team.
We will meet on alternate Fridays beginning April 12 at 7:30AM first session at Heather Jennings house (6955 Thomas Blvd) and 3 Saturday mornings for longer events. Anyone can join anytime.
As many of you are aware OHM is a mission partner of the OD and our primary interaction has been through the First Saturday Workday program. However, several members of the congregation have expressed the desire to get more involved. Therefore, starting Thursday, April 4th we will be beginning a series of a series of short term – “project based” initiatives. If you would like to participate or have any additional questions please contact Kevin Bell (email@example.com).
What: Weekly work nights with OHM
When: Thursday(s) – 5:30PM – 7:30PM**
Where: 514 North Sheridan Avenue
1st Project: Drywall Hanging
**The OHM work nights are intentionally planned to coordinate with the GCF work nights as another step to reinforce their collaborative ministry. Therefore, work will stop in time to join GCF for sunset prayer time (7:48 PM)-the end time will obviously get later as we move towards summer.
Tentatively scheduled project sites:
1) Open Hand Ministries: Sheridan Ave.
2) Garfield Community Farm: sheet mulching, garden reshaping, bio-shelter construction, (weather permitting), etc.
3) If you want to help at the food bank feel free to join us for prayer and then head there, OR head straight there as they begin earlier.
Unless notified otherwise:
– Workdays begin at 9am and conclude at 3pm.
– We meet in the morning at the Garfield Community Farm site @ the corner of Cornwall & Wyclow, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
– Please make arrangements for lunch.
– Please bring refillable water bottles, dress for the weather, & wear clothes appropriate for construction/farming labor.
– All tools, materials, and equipment will be provided. Volunteers are free to bring thier own gloves & eye protection.
As always, if you have any questions or would like any addtl. information, please feel free to contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
Life Group meets every Wednesday at 6:30 PM at 5510 Stanton Avenue, Apt. #3 (seven houses down from the Union Project) for Dinner, Bible Study/Worship, Prayer, and Fellowship. This is a casual, co-ed group with a “come when you can” attendance. It’s a good place to build relationships and to invite people who are spiritual seekers. We have a rotating facilitator for the Bible study. All are welcome! Email Joni at wonderjl(at)yahoo.com for more info.
Food Pantry is usually held on the first Saturday of each month. However, there may be changes to this schedule. Please verify with Chad that the VV food pantry will indeed be on this date if you plan to show up to volunteer.
@ Valley View Church (601 N. Aiken Ave.)
Please email Chad if you have questions (email@example.com), but feel free to just show up!